Golden Times

The Student News Site of Fleming Island High School

Golden Times

Golden Times

Towers Family Farm Berry Picking Event and Recipe

The Towers Family Farm located here in Palatka, FL is a great place to go to if you want to hand pick your own berries, including both strawberries and blueberries. This season is an especially great time to go berry picking. As someone who went personally, I can say that their strawberries are fresh and delicious.

This past Saturday, the towers family farm hosted an event called the U-Pick Fest. There, people were able to pick blueberries, strawberries, and enjoy numerous fun attractions like pony rides, hay rides, a bouncy house, rock climbing, and face painting. There were also many local craft vendors, and multiple food trucks, allowing you to eat to your heart’s desire! This event is a great place to go to with your family and friends, and allows you to connect with others in your community.

Location of the Towers Family Farm

If you are interested and would like to bring you and your loved ones, make sure to keep an eye out on their Facebook page. Just look up Towers Farms and you’ll find it. On their page, you’ll also be able to see their opening hours and any other pictures that they’ve posted of people berry picking.

I hope this article pushed you into attending this event next time and I hope to see you there!

Address: 487 Millican Rd, Palatka, FL 32177

Recipe For Strawberry Milkshakes

*The serving size for this exact recipe is around 4 people but you can alter it to your liking

Ingredients:

• 20 small strawberries
  • 5-6 scoops of vanilla ice cream
  • 6 cups of milk
  • 1/2 cup of sugar(add however much you like/optional)

Review

Now this recipe is not an established recipe, it’s a recipe that me and my family just came up with on the spot. The milkshake was very refreshing and sweet and I would definitely recommend you to try it out sometime.

Picture of fresh picked strawberries

View Comments (1)
Donate to Golden Times
$60
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Fleming Island High School. Your contribution will allow us to cover our annual website hosting costs.