Golden Times

The Student News Site of Fleming Island High School

Golden Times

Golden Times

NewsBreak Shows you Your Latest Local News

Find out what happens in your community

The NewsBreak app was started in 2015 in Mountain View, California. The computer scientist, Dr. Jeff Zheng, a former Yahoo executive, founded the app.

“You can use NewsBreak to stay up-to-date on daily breaking news, local headlines and weather, global events, trending videos, funny GIFs and anything you are interested in.”
(Google Play)

There are over 50 million users of this app (NewsBreak)! As a user of NewBreak, I am glad to have an app that keeps me updated on minor and major crimes in my community! Here are a few great things you can view using the app.

The app has a United States map and shows the latest reported crimes. Users can zoom in on a specific area, click on a crime icon, and see the exact address of where the crime took place

On the local icon of the app, you can view articles written by new platforms or independent writers. If you are an independent writer there is also a way to publish articles you have written! There are articles about local news and events occurring from all around the world. The user of this app can also see the weather at the top. There are many other amazing features on the different icons within this app.

Another awesome thing about NewsBreak is that there are short videos to scroll through with fun and informative content. This app is very efficient at informing me a only couple during a busy day. There are even some videos that can give you a good laugh!

The app also gives you the option to be notified directly about new stories or breaking news in your area. There is also an option to keep the notification in the app without it notifying your device as well!

Overall, from my research and personal preferences I think this is an amazing app for staying updated on your community!

Works cited:

“NewsBreak: Local News – Apps on Google Play.” Play.google.com, play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.particlenews.newsbreak&hl=en_IN. Accessed 6 Apr. 2024.

“NewsBreak – Who We Are.” Www.newsbreak.com, www.newsbreak.com/who-we-are. Accessed 7 Apr. 2024.

“What Is News Break.” Www.youtube.com, www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UEdd5rF4Pw. Accessed 7 Apr. 2024.