Golden Times

The Student News Site of Fleming Island High School

Golden Times

Golden Times

Welcome Back – Important Information; Change Form, New Rules, & Dress Code

Welcome back Golden Eagles! Another year has gone by, and Golden Times is ready to head start the new school year. Before we put out our regularly scheduled articles, our starting articles will be here to help navigate new and returning students.

Change Request Form

Now is the time to request to change your classes! If you have a gap, an incorrect class, or simply a class you don’t want, now is the time to fix that. Please be aware that your counselor is likely bombarded with requests, so it could take a couple of days before any changes are made. Attached below is the QR code to access the Google form.

New Rules/Changes

As many of you are aware, our school administration has implemented new rules for the school year. Most of these new rules are held by the law, so they must be strictly followed. Regarding our cellular devices, the use of them is strictly prohibited during instructional time. Teachers are obligated to enforce this rule.  Additionally, the dress code has undergone a couple of changes as well.  Attached below is the list of consequences for using a phone during class as well as the updated dress code.

Important Dates

Make sure to put these on your calendars! Parents, our open house is a great opportunity to get to know your child’s teachers as well as their classes. Join us Thursday evening!  For homecoming tickets, keep an eye out on MySchoolBucks as they will be up to purchase soon. Get them as soon as you can!

The Golden Times Newspaper team wishes you a great school year! Remember to SOAR!